About this Blog...

I am an average 39 year old man who has had a gradually expanding waistline since I was 30. I recently found out I was officially obese with a BMI of 30+. THIS HAS TO CHANGE... but why are diet plans, clubs, meals, gyms, health foods etc all so expensive to use and follow!? Obviously a lot of people out there are trying to make a fast buck from other peoples suffering. It must be possible to lose weight and not lose money in the process? This Blog will record my attempts to battle the bulge without breaking the bank! Hopefully my experiences will be of interest to other men in the same boat!

Wednesday 11 February 2009


This chart shows my weight loss as my BMI since I began on 5th Jan. Overall my weight loss has been 17lbs. The red line is my BMI, note the spikes, this is after the weekend! The upper black line is the trend and the lower black line is my goal, which is based on losing 3.5lbs per week. As you can see I have pretty much lost weight and mass in line with my goal and I am at the current rate to finish just above the target. However I fully understand the cause and effect of coming off the diet so it is really will power that can improve the rate of loss and help me to reach the target. On a longer term trend which is to get down to a BMI of around 22 by July 1st 2009 I am well below my target line and very much on course, the loss rate for this long term target is a more manageable 2.5lbs per week which I comfortably beat at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment